Tuesday 7 June 2016

My go-to green smoothie

I love starting my mornings with a huge glass of green goodness which consists of a blast of spinach, orange juice, apples and banana. I decided to start including a glass of greens into my diet since my body was low on iron, and this was the best way to boost up the levels without having to take any medication. Spinach (and most other greens such as kale, lettuce, collard greens) contain tons of benefits and are excellent sources of vitamin A and K, magnesium, iron, potassium, calcium and vitamin C.

Just about a week after drinking green smoothies daily, I noticed a huge improvement in my physical and mental wellbeing. My skin was glowing, I felt full of energy and my tiredness that I had felt before, due to lack of iron disappeared.

My family at first were disgusted at the thought of me drinking raw greens, but eventually they gave in, tried it and now they're hooked! There are so many variations to this smoothie, but after trial and error, I've finally found a concussion that tastes best in my opinion!

I really hope you guys give this a try, I assure you it tastes way better than it looks!!

To make one cup:
  • a handful of spinach (or any greens of your choice)
  • 3/4 cup orange juice 
  • 1 apple
  • 1/2 a frozen banana (freeze the banana with the skin PEELED!!) 
  • 3/4 cup water
And just blitz up all the ingredients!



No comments:

Post a Comment