- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla essence/extract
- 2 tsp gingerbread syrup (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200℃ and line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl beat together the sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Next add the pumpkin, egg, vanilla and syrup. Beat everything well together.
- Sieve in the flour and add in oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well. At this stage add in raisins if desired.
- Drop spoonfuls onto the parchment and flatten slightly with the back of a fork. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer onto a wire rack to cool and dust with icing sugar.