Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wakes up in the morning, looks at the time, panics and frantically rushes to look decent enough and make it to school, work or wherever you need to be in the morning on time. Obviously waking up late means leaving the house on an empty stomach becomes a regular occurrence. I try to grab either a banana, pre-made smoothie or cereal bar on the way out but these rarely keep me full until lunchtime. Instead I try to make a quick filling breakfast the night before that I can either gobble down in a few minutes, or take with me on the go.
These are my go to easy breakfast ideas that are packed with protein and guaranteed to keep you full for a good few hours so no more of that embarrasing stomach grumbling in lectures!
You can either make them the night before and keep in the fridge or make on the day since they only take a couple of minutes to make.
- Mixed berries, I used strawberries and blueberries but raspberries and blackberries work too.
- Yoghurt, I use coconut yoghurt or greek style but any yoghurt will do
- Crushed mixed nuts (source of protein)
- Layer ingredients in a jar/dish or if taking on the go use a container with a lid. Start with the fruit, yoghurt, then granola and finish off with a squeeze of honey.
- If making the night before, don't add the granola as it gets soggy. Rather add it on the top in the morning and voila! A healthy breakfast under 2 minutes.
- Coconut yoghurt or plain yoghurt if you prefer
- Fresh mango or pineapple chunks
- Banana (sliced)
- 1 passionfruit
- Exactly the same as the above, layer the ingredients in the dish you are using and enjoy! If you can't find fresh passionfruit, swap it for a squeeze of lime instead.
Hope this gave you guys some inspiration and please send me/tag me in any of your photos if you recreate this.